We believe that every person has a right to:
• Equitable, ethical, and accessible quality healthcare that promotes healing and health;
• Healthcare that respects human dignity, individuality, and diversity among groups;
• Complete and accurate information to make informed healthcare decisions;
• Self-determination and active participation in healthcare decisions;
• Involvement of a woman’s designated family members, to the extent desired, in all heath care experiences.
We believe the best model of healthcare for a woman and her family:
• Promotes a continuous and compassionate partnership;
• Acknowledges a person’s life experiences and knowledge;
• Includes individualized methods of care and healing guided by the best evidence available;
• Involves therapeutic use of human presence and skillful communication.
We honor the normalcy of women’s life cycle events. We believe in:
• Watchful waiting and non-intervention in normal processes;
• Consultation, collaboration, and referral with other members of the healthcare team, as needed to provide optimal healthcare.
• Appropriate use of complimentary herbs, oils, and technology for current, or potential health problems, without the use of unnecessary interventions.
We affirm that these beliefs and values provide the foundation for commitment to individual and collective leadership at the community, state, and national and international level to improve the health of women and their families worldwide.